81 Million Euros for bio-based research and innovation projects
The EU Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking offers about 81 million Euro in funding for collaborative research and innovation projects in bio-based products and applications. Meet relevant partners at the networking and brokerage event 28 April in Brussels.
In April 2017 the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking, a € 3.7 billion Public-Private Partnership between the EU and the Bio-based Industries Consortium will officially publish its 2017 call, setting aside € 81 million for research and innovation projects in new value chains and accelerated market uptake of bio-based products and applications.
The main priorities for 2017 and 2018 include:
- Fostering a sustainable biomass-feedstock supply to feed both existing and new value chains;
- Optimising efficient processing for integrated biorefineries;
- Developing innovative bio-based products for specific market applications;
- Creating and accelerating the market uptake of bio-based products and applications.
We believe that NCE Seafood partners and members are very well positioned to compete for funding in the following topics:
- BBI 2017.D2 – INTEGRATED MULTI-VALORISATION OF ALGAE INTO ADVANCED MATERIALS AND HIGH ADDED-VALUE ADDITIVES (€ 7 million)
- BBI 2017.R4 – PROTEINS AND OTHER BIOACTIVE INGREDIENTS FROM SIDE STREAMS AND RESIDUES (€ 2- 5 million)
- BBI 2017.F2 – LARGE-SCALE PRODUCTION OF PROTEINS FOR FOOD AND FEED APPLICATIONS FROM ALTERNATIVE, SUSTAINABLE SOURCES (€ 21 million)
NCE Seafood Can Help You Find the Right Partners and Write a Good Proposal
To apply you must be part of a consortium which must be made up of at least 3 organisations from 3 different countries. Get in touch with NCE Seafood early to get help structuring, positioning and writing your proposal. Together with the National Contact Points in the Norwegian Research Council we can coordinate partner advice and help you make a partnering programme.
On 28 April 2017, a day after the Seafood Expo, the JU BBI will organise an Open Info Day & Brokerage event in Brussels to provide an overview of the opportunities in the bioeconomy sector. The BBI JU Programme Office will provide potential applicants with detailed information on how to prepare and submit a good proposal for the 2017 BBI JU Call, and there will be a dedicated networking and brokerage event in the afternoon.
NCE Seafood will also be present to offer information and advice on relevant local and national resources, networks and synergies between the BBI JU programme and other initiatives.
- Call opens: April 2017
- Brokerage event: 28 April 2017, Brussels
- Call closes: September 2017
- Evaluations: September-November 2017
- Results published: December 2017
Phone: +47 913 35 951
Contacts at the Norwegian Research Council:
Phone: +47 48 07 38 98
Inderjit Singh Marjara
Phone : +47 9882 3814